Purpose of Role
To act as a champion for the strategic area both internally and externally, and to foster partnership working to further Park objectives.
Historical and Cultural Heritage
· Raise awareness of and contribute to the understanding and enjoyment of the Park’s built and cultural heritage.
· Support the local and national contribution of National Parks to built and cultural heritage conservation including its economic value
· Support the delivery of projects and initiatives that will improve the historic fabric and infrastructure of the Park
· Encourage development of the Authority’s Heritage Plan
· Support the ever-evolving relationship between cultural and natural heritage
Full role description: Member Champion role description