The Planning, Access and Rights of Way Committee (PAROW) consists of 21 members of the National Park Authority. Training in planning matters is obligatory before members can vote in committee. In 2006 this committee replaced the former Development Control Committee and the Access and Rights of Way Committee.
The PAROW Committee meets every 6 weeks and is responsible for:
· Making decisions on planning applications.
· Enforcement of planning control.
· Making recommendations to the Authority on the Development Plan.
· Policy issues on minerals and waste.
· Making decisions to divert, widen, create and extinguish public paths.
· Making recommendations to the Authority on access and rights of way policy.
· Making decisions on changes to the Definitive Map of rights of way.
· Making traffic regulation orders under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
· Making decisions under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000.
Members of the public are welcome to attend these meetings (subject to any information exempt under Schedule 12A Local Government Act 1972 – Exemption from disclosure of documents), and you can apply to speak under the Authority’s Public Speaking Scheme
Members can request an application to be determined at the Planning, Access and Rights of Way Committee by completing the “Call-In Request Form“. Any request for an application to be called-in should be made within 15 working days after the issue of the weekly list.
You can view all meetings via a live webcast or via an archive: http://www.breconbeacons.public-i.tv/core/
Support officer: Jane Pashley.
Plas y Ffynnon
Phone: 01874 624437
Web site: http://www.beacons-npa.gov.uk