Agenda and minutes

Local Access Forum - Thursday, 16th November, 2017 1.30 pm

Venue: National Park Visitor Centre, Libanus

Items
No. Item

27.

Welcome, introductions and apologies (Secretary)

To receive apologies for absence.

Minutes:

RB welcomed members and congratulated them on their appointment to the LAF. Apologies received from Julian Atkins and Sarah Coakham (NRW). RB explained that he would chair the first meeting of the LAF and the first item of the second meeting as required by the Regulations. All members provided brief introductions. RB reminded members to forward biographical details to LL to add to LAF webpage.

 

28.

Confirmation of Minutes of Meetings held on 7th September 2017 (Secretary) pdf icon PDF 140 KB

To authorise the Secretary to sign the minutes as a true record of the previous meetings

 

Minutes:

The minutes were accepted and the Secretary authorised to sign them as a correct record.

 

29.

Matters Arising Not Otherwise Appearing on Agenda (Secretary)

Minutes:

Item 6 – Diversion at Ty’n-y-cae, Glangrwyney, EJ will be re-consulting the LAF due to change of circumstances.

 

Item 7 – DM asked if the LAF response following the discussion at the last meeting had been forwarded to Welsh Government. IM confirmed that the response had been submitted. RB agreed to circulate the LAF response to LAF Members.

 

IM said that very similar concerns had been raised at the LAF Chair’s meeting. There was also concern that the large number of campaign template responses submitted by members of some organisations may skew the results. The Chair of the LAF Chair’s group will be writing to WG to suggest that there should be more weight given to consultation responses from LAF’s. SF wanted to bring to the attention of members that an Outdoor Access Wales Alliance has been formed by the main access groups in Wales, they are working behind the scenes to come up with a workable formula.

 

30.

Introduction to the Brecon Beacons National Park (Paul Sinnadurai)

Minutes:

PS provided members with a presentation giving an overview of the BBNP and access and rights of Way management within the BBNPA.

 

31.

Introduction to Local Access Forums (Secretary)

Minutes:

RB provided members with an introduction to the LAF and the roles and responsibilities of members.

 

32.

Terms of Reference pdf icon PDF 49 KB

Annex 1

Minutes:

SR asked if the definition of land includes access to water. RB advised that it includes access to water on access land. Members agreed to adopt the Terms of Reference.

 

33.

Any Other Competent Business (Secretary)

Any other business as is, in the opinion of the Chairman, of such urgency as to warrant consideration.

 

Minutes:

It was agreed to postpone this item until the end of the next meeting which would follow.